Sunday, January 25, 2015

Tea Time Quilt

Tea Time Quilt in the snow at Vegglifjell, Norway.
Fabrics used was Christmas Play and Chinese Fan from Panduro Hobby, Kona Snow (for sashing) and some scraps. The pre-cut fabric was very inaccurately cut, so I had to trim them down to 4,5" before piecing. Blocks are  the traditional 9-patch blocks. Quilted in the ditch on my Bernina Aurora sewing machine. Sizee of quilt is 50 times 80 inches.
Here is a small tutorial on the very versatile 9-patch block. 
Sew together 9 4,5" blocks. To get the pattern in this quilt, place dark red (small squares) in the middle, varied colored blocks in the corners and remaining blocks are sashing colored fabric.
Cut the block in the middle diagonally and horizontally.
Rotate blocks as in the picture above.

Linking up to TGIFF at Devoted Quilter.
 

9 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, the opening photo of your lovely quilt in your wintry wonderland is gorgeous, Mona. Such a pretty quilt!

Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic great quilt and I'm jealous of your snow I miss the snow

Ruth said...

Love that first photo - snow looks deep too!

Dominique said...

Gosh, I love simple quilts made with squares. I have never tried making nine patch blocks and cutting them up, but that looks like somethething right up my alley. Great quilt, and great picture. Quilts + Snow is always a winning combination!

Leanne Parsons said...

Such a beautiful quilt! I love that first picture of it in the snow too. The red stands out so nicely. Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

Heidi said...

It looks so cold with all that snow there! I enjoyed my visit here - your quilt is lovely, and your knitting also so impressive.

Cheryl said...

Very cute quilt! I like the short cut you showed!

Lise said...

Så flott fargekombinasjon!! Tror jeg må prøve meg på disse nierblokkene en gang...

Marit Johanne said...

Nydelig teppe, og vakkert fotografert!